Caleb Reginald McLaughlin (born on 13th October 2001) is a fascinating American actor and captivating television show host. The actor gained a lot of attention for his character Lucas Sinclair in the Netflix show Stranger Things, an acclaimed show that premiered in the year 2016.
Then, he took on live theatre and played a part in the well-known Broadway production The Lion King which further enriched his creative journey. Caleb McLaughlin‘s portrayal of Lucas Sinclair in Stranger Things transcended the screen, bringing his nominations and acclaim.
In addition, his performance earned him an award nomination for a Screen Actors Guild Award in the category of Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in the Drama Series. Beyond the intriguing sci-fi series, Caleb McLaughlin took his talents onto the silver screen and appeared in films such as High Flying Bird as well as Concrete Cowboy. These films demonstrate his versatility and dedication to his craft, with each actor bringing his own distinct style to the screen.
|Wiki Facts & About Data|
|Full Name:||Caleb Reginald McLaughlin|
|Stage Name:||Caleb McLaughlin|
|Born:||13 October 2001 (age 21 years old)|
|Place of Birth:||Carmel Hamlet, New York, United States|
|Education:||Harlem School of the Arts|
|Parents:||April McLaughlin, Corey McLaughlin|
|Siblings:||Corey McLaughlin Jr., Caitlyn McLaughlin, Crystal McLaughlin|
|Girlfriend • Partner:||Ice Spice (2022)|
|Occupation:||Actor • TV Personality|
|Net Worth:||$5 million|
Early Life & Education
Caleb Reginald McLaughlin was born on the 13th of October 2001 in the beautiful community of Carmel, New York, USA. He was raised with the love of his family members April McLaughlin and Corey McLaughlin and shared his experiences with his siblings: Corey McLaughlin Jr., Caitlyn McLaughlin as well and Crystal McLaughlin. This tapestry from the family was the background for his artistic ambitions.
At a young age, when curiosity was a constant through his eyes, Caleb McLaughlin was attracted to the world of art. His education was initiated at Kent Elementary School as well as at George Fischer Middle School. In this school, his passion for acting took off and ignited a fire that would eventually lead the actor to the stage.
While he walked through the different chapters of his education, Caleb McLaughlin‘s story was echoed in a variety of artistic endeavors. Beginning during his time at the Seven Star School of Performing Arts to the tempo-driven explorations at Happy Feet Dance School and beyond, he explored the expressive language of movement and expression. The culmination of his highly educational symphony echoed in the Harlem School of the Arts. Harlem School of the Arts with the skilled hands that was Aubrey Lynch.
Caleb McLaughlin‘s journey is a tale of dedication and talent for his art. His breakthrough came in the year 2016, when he was cast in the character as Lucas Sinclair in in the popular series Stranger Things. The role brought him global fame and the praise he deserves due to his portrayal. Caleb has been a star during subsequent episodes. Outside of Stranger Things, Caleb starred alongside Idris Elba on The Netflix program Concrete Cowboy in 2021.
Prior to the height of his Stranger Things fame, Caleb McLaughlin worked on his stage presence in the role of the young Simba in the Broadway musical The Lion King. The stage experience that he had in his beginnings paved for him to achieve eventual success. On the show Stranger Things, Caleb‘s performance as Lucas received praise and recognition. He also stepped into the world of film, appearing as a character in Steven Soderbergh‘s High Flying Bird in the year 2019 and voicing The Angry Birds Movie 2.
Awards & Nominations
Screen Actors Guild Awards
- 2017: Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series (Won as part of the cast of “Stranger Things”)
- 2018: Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series (Won as part of the cast of “Stranger Things”)
- 2019: Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series (Won as part of the cast of “Stranger Things”)
- 2020: Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series (Won as part of the cast of “Stranger Things”)
NAACP Image Awards
- 2018: Outstanding Performance by a Youth (Series, Special, Television Movie, or Limited Series) (Nominated for “Stranger Things”)
MTV Movie & TV Awards
- 2017: Best Actor in a Show (Nominated for “Stranger Things”)
- 2018: YoungStars Award (Nominated for “Stranger Things”)
Screen Actors Guild Awards
- 2018: Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series (Nominated for “Stranger Things”)
- 2019: Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series (Nominated for “Stranger Things”)
- 2020: Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series (Nominated for “Stranger Things”)
Critics’ Choice Television Awards
- 2017: Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series (Nominated for “Stranger Things”)
- Instagram handle: Caleb McLaughlin (@therealcalebmclaughlin)
- Twitter handle: Caleb McLaughlin (@calebmclaughlin)
- TikTok handle: Caleb McLaughlin (@therealcalebmclaughlin)
- YouTube handle: Caleb McLaughlin
Caleb McLaughlin is rumored to have dated superstar rapper Ice Spice (2022). He is not married and has no child.
Caleb McLaughlin is an American actor best known for his role as Lucas Sinclair in the Netflix series “Stranger Things.” Here is Caleb McLaughlin’s filmography:
- “Noah Dreams of Origami Fortunes” (Short film, 2012) – Noah
- “Forever” (Short film, 2013) – CJ
- “Unforgettable” (2017) – Young Dennis
- “High Flying Bird” (2019) – Darius
- “Concrete Cowboy” (2020) – Cole
- “Sweet Tooth” (TV Series, 2021) – Young Gus
- “Stranger Things” (TV Series, 2016-2022) – Lucas Sinclair
- “Rumble” (2022) – Winnie (voice)
Caleb McLaughlin‘s accumulated net worth is estimated to be around $5 million.
The actor has made a name for himself with his roles in popular TV series like Stranger Things and Sweet Tooth and films such as High Flying Bird and Concrete Cowboy. He is also set to lend his voice to the character of Winnie in the upcoming animated movie Rumble.