Michael Austin Cera (born July 7, 1988) known as the actor nickname Michael Cera, is an accomplished actor and TV host from Canada.
He has been recognized for his outstanding performance in a variety of films which include the cult movies Superbad, Juno, and Scott Pilgrim Against. The World, and the highly well-reviewed TV series Arrested Development.
Michael Cera has been a great actor and has appeared in numerous films and TV shows.
|Wiki Facts & About Data|
|Full Name:||Michael Austin Cera|
|Stage Name:||Michael Cera|
|Born:||7 June 1988 (age 35 years old)|
|Place of Birth:||Brampton, Canada|
|Education:||Heart Lake Secondary School|
|Parents:||Luigi Cera, Linda Cera|
|Siblings:||Molly Cera, Jordan Cera|
|Spouse:||Nadine Cera (m. 2018)d|
|Girlfriend • Partner:||Aubrey Plaza (2009-2010), Charlyne Yi (2006-2009)|
|Occupation:||Actor • TV Personality|
|Net Worth:||$20 million|
Early Life & Education
Michael Cera, the famous actor was born on June 7, 1988, in Brampton, Ontario. Both of his parents Linda Cera and Luigi Cera were employed at Xerox.
Michael Cera has two siblings with an older sister known as Jordan Cera and an older sister whose name is Molly Cera. He was a student at different schools which included Conestoga Public School, Robert H. Lagerquist Senior Public School as well as Heart Lake Secondary School up to grade nine.
Due to his acting profession, Michael Cera decided to go online for his education and graduated in the 12th grade.
Michael Cera‘s career started at a very young age, beginning with commercials and television shows such as “I Was a Sixth Grade Alien and Breaker High. However, his breakthrough was in 2003, when he landed the part of George Michael Bluth in the acclaimed comedy Arrested Development. The show was eventually canceled in 2006 after just three seasons, it was revived by Netflix in 2013.
Michael Cera‘s talent stood out in 2007 when his character was cast in two critically acclaimed comedy films: Juno and Superbad. Junogarnered the attention of critics as well as commercial success, netting Cera a deserved nod for the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor in a Motion Film Musical, or Comedy. Furthermore, Superbad further strengthened Cera‘s fame in Hollywood as one of its most prominent young actors, gaining high praise from critics and impressive commercial success.
Michael Cera‘s career included appearances in a variety of popular comedy films in the latter half of 2000 and into the early decade of 2010. Some notable films from this time include Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist (2008), Youth in Revolt (2009) along Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (2010). In addition, he played part-time roles in films like Paper Heart (2009), Molly’s Game (2017) in addition to Gloria Bell (2019).
Michael Cera‘s career has evolved into dramatic roles. He has made notable appearances on This is Our Youth (2014), Lobby Hero (2018) as well as The Adults (2023). Alongside his film career and television appearances, he has kept his presence on TV with shows such as The Difficult People (2015-2017), Big Mouth (2017-present) as well and Life & Beth (2022).
Michael Cera, as well as being an actor is also a musician who showcases his talent. The year 2014 saw him release his first album, “True”. Additionally, he’s been involved as the touring bassist of the supergroup of indie rock called Mister Heavenly.
Awards & Nominations
- Satellite Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical (2010) – Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
- 2007 Chicago Film Critics Association Award for Most Promising Performer
- 2007 Detroit Film Critics Society Award for Best Newcomer
- 2008 Critics’ Choice Movie Award for Best Acting Ensemble
- 2008 Critics’ Choice Movie Award for Best Young Actor
- 2009 BAFTA Rising Star Award
- Instagram handle: Michael Cera Source (@michaelcerasource)
- Twitter handle: Michael Cera Source (@PraiseTheCera)
- Facebook: Michael Cera
The 35-year-old Michael Cera, the renowned actor, has been in a blissful and enduring relationship with his beloved partner, Nadine Cera. Their love story reached new heights of joy and fulfillment when they joyfully embraced parenthood in the year 2021 with the arrival of their precious baby boy.
The sacred bond of marriage has sealed the union between Michael Cera and Nadine Cera. It was publicly evident as early as 2018 when they were spotted proudly flaunting matching gold bands, a symbol of their deep commitment to one another.
During a conversation with The Hollywood Reporter in 2022, Michael Cera shared that he has only discussed his spouse and offspring on a limited number of occasions when addressing the public. Reflecting on his experience as a father, he expressed how it has positively transformed him. He emphasized that parenthood has influenced his desire to maximize the quality time he spends with his loved ones.
Michael Cera‘s romantic involvements include Aubrey Plaza from 2009 to 2010 and Charlyne Yi from 2006 to 2009.
- 1999 – Frequency as Young Gordy Klein
- 2000 – Steal This Movie! as Eugene Boudin
- 2001 – My Louisiana Sky as Jesse Wade Caraway
- 2004 – Cradle to Grave as Zack
- 2007 – Juno as Paulie Bleeker
- 2007 – Superbad as Evan Goldberg
- 2009 – Youth in Revolt as Nick Twisp
- 2011 – The Future as Jason Smith
- 2012 – Magic Magic as Brink
- 2013 – This Is the End of Himself
- 2014 – Crystal Fairy & the Magical Cactus as Jamie
- 2015 – Very Good Girls as David
- 2016 – Sausage Party as Barry (voice)
- 2017 – Molly’s Game as Player X
- 2017 – The Lego Batman Movie as Robin (voice)
- 2018 – Gloria Bell as Peter
- 2019 – Mister Link as Mister Link (voice)
- 2021 – Cryptozoo as Matthew (voice)
- 2023 – Barbie as Allan
- 2023 – Scott Pilgrim Takes Off as Scott Pilgrim (voice)
- 1998 – The Worst Witch as Boy at Halloween Party
- 1999 – I Was a Sixth Grade Alien as Larrabee
- 2000 – The Berenstain Bears as Brother Bear (voice)
- 2001-2006 – Breaker High as Josh Hayworth
- 2003-2019 – Arrested Development as George Michael Bluth
- 2011-2012 – Children’s Hospital as Sal Viscuso
- 2014 – How to Be a Gentleman as Mike
- 2017-2018 – Twin Peaks as Wally Brando
- 2022 – Life & Beth as John
- 2023 – Command Z as Javier
Michael Cera, a prominent Canadian actor, has an estimated net worth of $20 million. He gained fame through his notable performances in movies like Superbad, Juno, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, and This Is the End.
In addition to his film career, Cera has also appeared on popular TV shows like Arrested Development and Twin Peaks: The Return.